Follow me:

Instagram

Friday, June 1, 2012

When I Grow Up...

I want to be…. I don’t know.  I think I want to work in either public relations or event planning.  Currently, I’m interning at a non-profit organization that I love.  I have a personal interest in the organization because they’ve helped my family out in the past.  There’s nothing better than working at a place that helps people everyday.  I want to work somewhere where what I do means something to someone.  Non-profits do just that.  I use to think I wanted to work for a non-profit that worked with animals, and although that isn’t completely out of the picture, I think where I am is exactly where I want to be.  It’s strange because I could see myself working with this company after I graduate. 

As you may have realized with my other posts, there’s always something that triggers these posts about my life journey.  I go to a college that’s pretty competitive and most students know what they’re doing with their lives by the time they start their junior year.  Clearly, I wasn’t one of those students.  I wanted to dabble here and there and hopefully fall into my dream position.  Today I went to the movies to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 with a friend from high school.  (Just in case your wondering, the movie wasn’t that bad, but by no means are any of the actors going to win an Oscar anytime soon).  I was asking her what her plans are for the future, half expecting her to already have a job lined up.  Well, she was just as dumbfounded as I have been and did not have even the slightest clue as to what she wants to do after college.  I was a little excited to hear that I’m not the only person who has no idea what the future holds.  Hopefully by the time my graduation roles around I’ll have a better idea (and dare I say it, a J-O-B! (fingers crossed)!!!!)

“I’ve heard that it’s possible to grow up - I’ve just never met anyone who’s actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope…” Meredith Grey (Grey’s Anatomy)

All the best!
Tori

*** after re-reading this I can't help but laugh because I was so optimistic

No comments:

Post a Comment