Follow me:

Instagram

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Shopping like it's going out of style

Well, in my last post I mentioned that I was going to post what I've bought and here it is.  Keep in mind with a new job comes the need for a new wardrobe.  I love, love, love to shop so any excuse to shop is always welcomed, even if I don't actually need any new clothes.

This lovely navy stripped dress is from Gap (surprise!!!).  I originally had passed on this dress because I liked it but I didn't LOVE it, however I kept thinking about this dress.  I would find my self day dreaming about how I would style it, so I figured I had to go back and purchase it.


This next dress looks terrible on the hanger but it looks super cute on (I'll be sure to take a picture the next time I wear this).  Below is a lovely chunky sweater from Gap which is a great way to transition the neon trend into the fall.  

 The next few things are what I bought to be compliant with my new dress code at my new job!  I bought a simple basic sequin tank that I plan on layering with a blazer or cardigan.
 A super cute long v-neck cardigan which I think will look cute with an oxford under neath it.
 Speaking of oxfords here are a few I picked up from Banana, Old Navy and J.Crew.
Banana Oxford

J. Crew Oxford


Old Navy

Banana
Love this beaded bib collared tank from The Loft.  I want to try and pair this with cable sweater or a simple crew neck sweater so that beaded bib can hang out. 
 My favorite purchase of the last week has been these gold Cece flats from J.Crew.  I've wanted these forever and when they went on sale I knew I had to go get them.  So far they've been super comfortable and I actually want to get a few more pairs of this shoe!


Cheetah pencil skirt that I plan to wear to work this Saturday. 
 In case you wondering, that is in fact a Derek Jeter cardboard cut out that I have rocking a tutu behind my closet door.   I love Derek Jeter and mean no disrespect to him but a scary life size cutout can frighten you in the middle of the night, so the tutu makes it a little less threatening.

On another note, I decided to reorganize my closet by switching the placement of my pants and my shirts.  Not sure if I like this better then how I had to originally but we'll try it out for a little.

How I originally had it
New way


I'm leaning towards changing it back to the original way but in my defense I did buy a lot more clothes so that's why it looks a little messy the new way! Oh well... more time to reorganize my life and closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment