Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, October 8, 2012

Boston

Hello Lovelies....

I just finished uploading my pictures from my weekend in Boston and I figured I'd write a post about all the fun I had.  Now, as a Yankee fan I never thought I would ever like the city of Boston.  I was brought up thinking "Boston fans are the worst" and everything from Boston is "evil."  Unfortunately or maybe fortunately I know love BOSTON as in I kinda sorta want to move there.

So on Friday, my friend Amy and I flew to Boston from New Jersey.  I know a few of you may wonder why we chose to fly. Well, if you had the option of flying roundtrip for $120 and getting there in under an hour, driving for 5 hours paying for gas, tolls, and parking, or taking a 6 hour train ride.  Seems pretty easy right.  We flew JetBlue and thankfully we had an absolutely gorgeous pilot.  In a moment of bad judgement I tweeted JetBlue and got a lovely retweet with a creepy winking face.

So once we checked into our lovely hotel, The Boston Marriott Long Wharf we set out to discover Harvard.  Unfortunately, we missed the guided tour of the university but we did pay $2 to get a guided map of the university.  I don't know what I was expecting but Harvard was not as prestigious as I was expecting.  Don't get me wrong, it has a beautiful campus but I was expecting more.  After wondering around Harvard for a few hours we decided to head over to Fenway Park.  Like I mentioned above I am a die hard Yankee fan and never imagined I would want to tour Fenway Park.  Being that this year marks the 100 year anniversary of the park I figured it was an appropriate time to visit and I'm glad I did.




You probably can't see it but on the scoreboard it said "Kelly and Craig save the date 11-9-13"


The Yankee fan in me LOVED this sign
 After spending the day in Cambridge and at Fenway Park we decided to head back to our hotel and rest for a little.  After resting we decided to head to the "Little Italy" of Boston in the North End.  This strip of restaurants are all amazing.  It's really difficult to decide which one to actually go to.  We had a recommendation to go to one restaurant but when we got there we couldn't even decipher the menu so we decided to walk around.  Eventually we settled on this great restaurant that was packed.  The food was delicious and honestly I don't think there would have been a bad restaurant on that road.  After dinner we headed to Mike's a famous pastry shop.  Mike's is known for their cannolis but we decided to get their cupcakes.  I'm really boring when it comes to cupcakes but this vanilla cupcake was delicious.  We actually went to Sweet's cupcakes on Sunday and it was good but not as good as Mike's.

 On Saturday we started our day going on a Segway tour.  We decided to do the 2 hour tour with Boston by Segway.   Our tour guide Jay Arr was funny, he randomly would play music over the walkie talkie we had to wear and I'll admit it I danced occasionally.  We saw so many great sites and it was a lot of fun.  Although, my only complaint with the tour was that our captain would some times lead us into oncoming traffic.  Now being from Jersey I am use to bad drivers but Massachusetts drivers are in a class of their own.

After Segwaying we went to eat at the Barking Crab.  Now from the looks of the restaurant it wasn't too impressive but the place was packed.  The food was really good and it was a great atmosphere.  After eating we decided to head back to the Back Bay area of Boston.  This is home to Newbury Street which hosts all the expensive stores ever made also where Tom Brady lives.  This trip was filled with a lot of window shopping because frankly I couldn't afford anything on this street.

Other highlights from the trip include touching a stingray at the New England aquarium and seeing the cute little blue penguins.  


cutest little penguin I've ever seen
 Never in a million years would I ever want to admit that I'd love to live in Boston but I actually could see myself living there.  It's not too big of a city yet it does offer a diverse amount of people and experiences.  Who knows maybe in a few years I'll be blogging from Boston!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment