Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, October 29, 2012

Bracing for Hurricane Sandy

Hello Lovelies,

Here in NJ I am under lockdown because of this crazy Frankenstorm known as Hurricane Sandy is currently wrecking havoc on my beloved state.  I live only a few miles from the beach but I'm far enough that the ocean can't reach my house.  However, the town I live in is surrounded by the Shrewsbury River so a lot of the residents have been forced to evacuate.  My family has not had to do so, but my thoughts and prayers are with all those who are suffering through this storm.  Here in NJ, we're no strangers to storms but this storm is particularly bad because it's going to make landfall in NJ.  What also doesn't help is that the tides are at an all time high, and the full moon is probably to blame for that.  The pictures of Atlantic City are heartbreaking because most of the city is actually underwater and the brunt of the storm isn't even here yet. (If you want to see the pictures of the destruction just go on Instagram and search the hashtag #hurricanesandy)

 


On a more positive and uplifting note, I've been trying to experiment with different types of outfits that wouldn't normally be my style.  Here are some work outfits that I've been experimenting with...



Here's to hoping that I don't loose power and survive Hurricane Sandy with relatively little damage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment