Follow me:

Instagram

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Packing for BOSTON!!!!

Hello lovelies....

How has everyone been.  I'm taking a break from posting about all the things I've been buying (and let's face it, there's been a lot) to post about what I'm packing for my trip to Boston this weekend.  Now, I've never been to Boston before, mostly because I have a strong hate for the sports fans that reside there (I'm talking to you Red Sox fans)!!! However, I'm writing this post while watching the Yankees annihilate the Red Soxs and clinch the American League East championship and figured what better way to pack.

So onto packing.  This was a issue for me.  I am a self proclaimed over packer.  I pack things and then don't ever want to wear what I pack so obviously I need options.  I will be in Boston from Friday to Sunday so normal people don't need to pack a lot but I'm anything but normal.  This is also my first experience of packing a bag and carrying it on the plane without checking it.

The packed bag... which I swear looks bigger then any carry on I've ever seen.

My super cute luggage tag from Paper Source

An overview of the finished bag
As you can see I have my makeup bag right on top with a head band and a silver sparkly scarf from Express on top of my suitcase.
 The bottom layer of my suitcase consists of my shoes and pants.  The top left pair of jeans is a pair of boyfriend capris from Gap, a pair of black skinny jeans from Urban Outfitters, and pair of black workout pants from Gap, and my lovely navy and white polka dot Gap pants.  On the right side I have a pair of sneakers and belt and some tan ballet flats from Banana Republic (oh and some colorful socks).
The next layer are my tops and pajamas.  On the left hand side I have my leopard oxford from Gap, my loft blouse, a cream peplum tank from Banana, a cream polka dot sweater from Banana, and a black and white cardigan.  I'm not really sure what the weather is going to be like so I wanted to bring a lot of pieces that I could layer.  On the right hand side I have my owl pajamas from target, a plain blue shirt from Gap, a baseball tee, a pink burnout tee, and a black sweatshirt.  

Overall, I don't think I went too overboard but I'm sure I'm bringing a lot more then I actually need.  

In addition to these clothing, I'm wearing a pair of chestnut riding boots and a cream sweater to the airport.  I've also packed my windbreaker in my other carry on.  That bag has my umbrella, iPad, camera, purse, and wallet in there.  

I can't wait to go to Boston.... I'll try to update this blog on Sunday with what I did while there!

No comments:

Post a Comment