Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, September 24, 2012

What a TERRIBLE Day

Well today has not been my day.  First off, I made the very big girl decision that I need to make a major life change.  Currently, I feel like my life is so boring that I need to try something new.  I think graduating has finally hit me and I feel like since I don't have a full time job I need to do something else.  I can't continue in the position I have now.  With that being said, I've decided to apply for jobs elsewhere, both retail and non-retail positions.

I was hesitant initially about my decision but after the day I had today I feel completely justified in the decision I made.  I never thought in a million years that the company/store I've worked for the last 4 years would be so bitter and rude to me when I told them I was looking to advance my career and move elsewhere.  I should preface by saying 2 of my 4 managers are very supportive of my decision and understand why I need to leave but my other 2 managers are just being hurtful.  It's not fair! I've worked my ass off for this store and they feel me leaving just doesn't make sense.  I'm sorry I've practically done your job and your "sad" to see me go.   One of the stores I'm considering working at is actually excited to have me as an employee.  It's going to be so weird to work for people who actually appreciate me and want to encourage me to move up through a company.

I explained to another employee that I'm exhausted and defeated with where I work.  I wake up every day and dread going to my job.  I use to like what I did and where I work but after seeing how I was treated today, I know I made the right decision to look elsewhere.

Oh well, you know what they say... It's their LOSS!!!!!

On a positive note, I felt like I needed to reward myself with a pick-me-up gift so I finally decided to get the New iPad.  To be honest, I had a $300 gift card to Best Buy so in order to make me feel a little better, I decided to finally buy it and I have no idea how I ever lived without it!!!

Well tomorrow's a new day and hopefully it brings good news and new opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment