Follow me:

Instagram

Sunday, September 16, 2012

I Came, I Saw, I Shopped....

Well another week has come and gone and my shopping addiction lives on.  I figured maybe if I blog about how much I shop and posting what I bought these posts will some how curve my shopping addiction.  To my credit, I did go through my closet the other day and decided to get rid of all the pants I don't wear and decided to donate them to someone who could get more use out of them.  I'm also starting to transition my closet from summer clothing to fall clothing, which is depressing.  I'm not quite ready to take all of my neon items out of my closet at this time so you may catch me wearing my neon hot pink pants sometime soon.  I'm thinking come October, I might need to put the neon pink broken in khakis away until spring...

Ok so on to the good stuff, the things I bought in the past couple of weeks:

Infinity scarves are my favorite fall/winter accessory.  I don't normally wear them casually but I'm hoping to use these two to help dress up a plain outfit.
Silver scarf from Express (Left) and sea foam green one from Nordstrom BP
 Chevron, Chevron, and more chevron.  I have a slight obsession where I buy everything that has a chevron print on it.  As you can kind of see I bought 3 chevron pieces all in the black/grey family.  The first dress is a Nine West dress that I got from Marshalls for $29.   It has 3/4 sleeves and is so cute on.  The next dress is a black sleeveless dress with a chevron print going down the middle of the front of the dress.  My favorite piece is the chevron shirt I got from Nordstrom (not entirely sure of the brand but it was included in the Anniversary sale!)
 Polka dots.... not just for little children and Dalmatians.  The polka dot shirt on the left is from the same designer as the chevron shirt from Nordstrom.  It has little white and sea foam green polka dots all over it.  The next sweater is from Old Navy and I can't wait to pair it with some colorful jeans.  It'a an off white color with black polka dots all over.  I love it because it's 3/4 sleeves which is my personal favorite because I have a weird phobia of long sleeves.
Polka dot shirt from Nordstom (left) polka dot sweater from Old Navy.
 As I mentioned before I can't wait to wear some fun colored jeans.  I have a slight obsession with neons so I can't wait to carry over some of the fun colors into the Fall.  The turquoise pair is a jean material but the other two are corduroy chords wich are not my normal style but these fun colors make them a little more me!
Indigo and Magenta chords from the Gap Outlet and Turquoise jeans from Old Navy
 Sweaters, my fall staple.  I love really comfy sweaters for the fall.  The one on the right is an oatmeal and navy stripped wrap sweater which I picked up from Marshalls for a great price.  It has a super cute hood which I can't wait to rock once it gets a little cooler here.  I'm thinking of pairing it with some dark denim and a pair of chestnut riding boots!  The sweater on the right is from the Gap and I think I got it for like $6 (it was more expensive but there sale was an additional 50% off.)  I love the color blocking of this sweater so I can't wait to wear this too with some chestnut boots!
 I'm a firm believer that if something looks nice on, buy it in every color.  Case in point the next two photos.  The first shirt is a cute oxford type shirt from Old Navy.  I originally got it in the pink and navy combo but I loved how it looked so I decided to get it in the rusty yellow color.  These shirts are very versatile because you can dress it up or dress it down.

These shirts are from Marshalls and I bought the blue one first because I don't really have any blue in my wardrobe but when my mom saw this shirt she was generous enough to buy me the grey version too.  These are a cute animal print style shirt with a neck tie bow thing  They are from Michael Kors and I think were $39 but they are made beautifully and I know I will get a lot of use out of these shirts.

Shirts from The Loft, guilted into buying because it was 40% off

My two purchases from today.  I originally saw these magenta broken in khakis from the Gap a few weeks ago but they were full price.  Today, I stopped by the Gap and they were on sale for $25 and an additional 30% off.  I have about 4 other pairs of these broken in khakis and I love the fit of them.  I seriously have to hold back from buying them in every single color but these are nice because they are a little less neon and perfectly acceptable to be worn in the fall.  The next shirt is a white and blue polka dot oxford shirt from the Gap.  I've been looking for things to pair with my new navy pencil skirt and this shirt is perfect.  I don't like dress shirts because I have a hard time finding ones that fit my chest but this one was a perfect fit and I'm considering buying it in every color, which is probably overkill.


Ok, after seeing all of these items I realize I do have a shopping problem however these were what I purchased over the last couple of weeks.  I'm trying to buy things that I can help build a professional wardrobe while still having fun clothing that I can wear for fun.  To my credit I did get rid of a lot of things and donated them and I'm in the process of losing weight so I can justify buying new clothing!

Until my next shopping spree.....

No comments:

Post a Comment