Follow me:

Instagram

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Seriously... When did I become a grown up?

I get that I graduated college, oh like 3 months ago, but does that mean I have to have a job already.  In an ideal world, I would love to be working a full-time job that provides me with benefits and paid vacation days, but lets face it; the economy sucks.  Every person I know seems to ask me "Do you have a job, yet?"  I really want to come back with a witty response and say, "Actually, it's by choice that I don't have a job right now!"   NEWSFLASH, people that don't have full-time jobs that utilize their degrees don't really want to be asked about their job searches.  It's so annoying, if I want to update people on my job search process I'll let you know.   Whatever happened to "hey how's it going?" or "how have you been?"  Nothing like angering the person your about to have a conversation with!

Literally every person I know has asked me what I'm doing.  Currently, I'm working nearly 40 hours a week at my retail job, so it's not like I'm sitting at home doing nothing all day.  But when you tell people you don't have a "real" job they assume you're doing nothing.

Yeah, working in retail is not my ideal career path but I'm trying to make it work and trying to figure out what my next move is if I am to stay in this field.


HERE'S SOME ADVICE:
STOP ASKING RECENT COLLEGE GRADS IF THEY HAVE A JOB!!!!!  IF WE DID, WE'D BE SCREAMING IT FROM THE ROOF TOPS.

As Christian Grey would say... these are shouty capitals.

quote from http://alittledashofash.blogspot.com/2011/10/just-saying-steve-jobs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment