Follow me:

Instagram

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Dreaded Words... We've Decided to go With Someone Else

Is there any other phrase that is more dreaded when you're on the job hunting market?  I don't think so. Yesterday I went on a 2nd interview for a position I was really interested in, unfortunately I work up to an email stating their decision.  The email mentioned that although I'm qualified for the position that they've decided to go with someone with MORE experience.  

This second interview was difficult because it was being conducted by a board member for the company.  I thought the interview went well, but obviously the other candidate had more experience or had a better interview.  Looking back at the interview, I think I may have been more honest then needed.  I was asked which aspects of the job scared me the most, what would I expect to be the most challenging aspect of the job, and my strengths and weaknesses?   I'm one of those people who if you ask me a question, I'm going to be giving you an honest answer (which might explain why I'm still unemployed).  

Hopefully, in the near future I will hear the best words that any unemployed individual would love to hear.... Victoria, we'd love to hire you!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement. I am so grateful for the opportunity and learned so much from it, I just wish the outcome was a little different.

    ReplyDelete