Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Life after College: the Complete Guide to Getting What You Want

About a month ago I wrote a post about this book that I was starting to read.  I have to say I initially really could not get into this book.  I don't know what I didn't find appealing about the book but lately I haven't been able to put it down.  I think I needed the reassurance that I'm not the only person feeling this way.  

When I was preparing for my second interview, I picked this book up and started doing the exercises in the back of the book.  I didn't really want to do the exercises at first but they actually helped!  In one section of the book it asked you to write down what your goals are for the next 6 months, 1 year and 3 years.  I found myself writing down a lot of things and hope to go back to that exercise in a few months and see if I've accomplished what I set out to do.  The books chapters include lessons on work, money, home, organization, friends and family, dating and relationships, health, fun and relaxation, and personal growth.  

I really liked this book and I think it is a must read for people who are afraid of what life is like outside of college.  It provides helpful tips from recent college grads and gives Jenny's advice and helpful exercises.

Hopefully, this book will help me land that job that I've dreamed of and wrote down in this book!

Oh and p.s. I've applied for a new job that could be the change I've been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment