Follow me:

Instagram

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Scooter Cruising

So today I spent a lovely day out with my father and brother.  For some strange reason, my dad decided  it would be interesting to go to a local scooter store just to look at them.  I had no idea that when we walked in there we would be leaving with a scooter.  Ok, well we didn't leave with the scooter because apparently it has to be prepped and tested before we can get it (which is fine by me).  But we did purchase it, so technically it is all ours!
My new baby!  She needs a name, I'm thinking something french?

Funny story about my scooter obsession.  Ever since I was maybe 15 I've been obsessed with Vespa's.  True story, my parents considered getting me a scooter instead of a car for my 17th birthday because they thought it was a safer and cheaper alternative to a car.  Unfortunately, my mother being the nurse that she is, thought getting a scooter for a teenager may not be a good idea (smart thinking mom).  Another issue with getting a Vespa is I would have needed to get a motorcycle license and that was something I didn't want to do.  So my dreams of getting a Vespa were crushed until today!  Recently, NJ passed a law that stated you don't need to get a motorcycle license if you purchase a scooter that does not exceed 50 mph, which this scooter clocks in at 40 mph (which is fine by me).  This is a BMS Federal 50cc.  It's not a vespa but through research I've discovered Vespa's are overrated and over priced.  This cute scooter was still a little pricey but a good investment for someone like myself who lives in a small town.     



 This little beauty is suppose to be delivered on either Saturday or Tuesday so hopefully I'll get someone to videotape me learning how to ride it (because let's be honest, it should be pretty funny.)  I think this bike is going to be perfect for my mom to ride to work and for me to ride it around town!  I said I needed a change, who knew it was going to be a new form a transportation!

No comments:

Post a Comment