Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, October 7, 2013

Where have I been???? Updates and an apology.

Hello Lovelies,

I'm going to apologize for not posting anything for the last 6 months.  I have no idea why I haven't posted because I've done some great things in that time that I would of loved to share with you.  I'm going to try my best to blog once a week about what's been going on in my life (keyword try).  

Update on my life: Currently, I'm a supervisor at a lovely retail store and am looking to move up within the company.  I'm in the process of redesigning/redecorating my room, which is taking me way longer than I expected.  

So since my last post I talked about getting a haircut.  I've mentioned before I have a weird phobia of getting my haircut.  As a little kid I've had some horrific haircuts (thanks mom!) and that has translated to my adult life.  However, I've found an amazing salon and an amazing stylist who truly understands the texture of my hair and is willing to talk me off the ledge when I go in a say "I want short hair and I want to dye it darker, or maybe lighter?"

So after a brief panic attack and countless pictures later, we decided a lob was definitely the cut for me and in terms of color she told me I should embrace my natural highlights but maybe help speed them up a bit by adding some dimension.

 While at the salon I got a little bored because I didn't realize the process getting "a few" subtle highlights would still take an hour so I decided to whip out the Ipad and take some photo Booth pictures.
The finished product, subtle highlights in the front to add some dimension and shorter hair. I've gotten my haircut a few times after this and I don't think it's even looked as good as this cut has been.  Now, this isn't because my hair stylist isn't talented, I believe I'm to blame for this because I made the mistake of telling her having so few layers has made my hair heavy and less curly (which truthfully is a gift from god because my natural hair isn't pretty).  The color has turned out better than I could of expected, as the summer progressed the color got more natural and looked ahhh-mazing.

Currently my hair looks like this... but as I look at old pictures I'm thinking the winter is calling for longer hair which I can curl and just love and style.
I love my hair this length but the problem with it is I feel like I'm limited in how I can style it.  I straighten it nearly everyday, and that's damaging to my hair.  When it's longer I can curl it and get maybe 2-3 days out of that style or I can put it in a top knot and go about my day.

Here are some old pictures of my long hair that I kind of miss...

I definitely think the shorter style makes me look more my age, since people always seem to think I'm like 12 (I know I should appreciate this now, but it gets annoying after awhile).  I'm slowly growing out my lob but I know once spring rolls around I'll want shorter hair again.  Ugh, the struggles of being a girl.

Moving on from haircuts, I was fortunate enough to go to Florida for 12 days in May and have just gotten back from a weekend trip to Chicago.  I'll write some posts about those trips at a later date (probably right after I finish this one!) because there is just too much to share.

I've mentioned earlier that I've been SLOWLY redecorating my room.  The keyword in that sentence is slowly.  Truthfully I had an image of what I wanted in my head and it's difficult to find those pieces, in my price range, which is basically as close to free as possible.  The room is almost complete but I just need a few more accent pieces to add some color into my room.  I'm going to hold off on pictures until I can do a full post on everything that I've done.

So to wrap up, I'm hoping to update this blog once a week on the progress of my room, what I've been up to, and basically what I've bought because let's face it, once a shopaholic always a shopaholic!!!!
I've bought some great pieces recently and I can't wait to share 6 months worth of shopping!!!!!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment