Follow me:

Instagram

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Things I've bought over the last couple of months

Hello lovelies,

So in my absence from this blog I've done some shopping.  Ok, some shopping is an understatement... I've done tons of shopping.  I'm pretty good at knowing when I've bought something but honestly this post would go on and on if I included everything I've bought in the last six months.  So to keep this post relatively short I'm including the stuff I've bought most recently.  I've been going crazy for shoes, I need shoes that are comfortable standing in for 8+ hours so I've been on the hunt for cute yet comfortable shoes!

So without further ado let's get on to the good stuff:

The Shoes:
 I've been obsessing over these J.Crew glitter loafers that go for over $250.  They are these gorgeous midnight blue color but I truthfully can't justify paying that much money for something I'm going to wear once in awhile.  After realizing that those shoes aren't in my immediate future, I began looking for a cheaper alternative.  While flipping through the Lands End catalogue I stumbled across these beauties.  They are the Vivian Venetian Flat in Slate Frost Sparkle.

 So I'll admit that I'm slightly obsessed with the smoking slipper/ loafer trend.  I may have bought a few styles and have loved all of them.  Next are these adorable cheetah Uggs that my mom scored at Marshalls.  Unfortunately for her they were too small and I quickly swooped in and stole them!  Her loss is my gain!!!! Now I've worn these shoes several times and I will say they were slightly uncomfortable to break in.  I have very sensitive skin on the heels of my feet and often get blisters when I break shoes in.  To hopefully clear up this problem I bought a little Dr. Scholl's foam tape dispenser to help pad the back of the shoes.
 My last pair of loafers is these adorable yet edgy Dolce Vita black suede smoking slippers.  What's amazing about these shoes is all the little details.  The leopard tassels and the little gold plated studs help make a classic male style shoes become a little more girlie! They look a little worse for wear because I've been wearing these with absolutely everything because they are just too cute for words!

Now, here in Jersey it's been unseasonably warm which makes it kind of difficult to wear boots.  But when the weather finally does decide to catch up with the season I can't wait to wear these little boots.  Both of these shoes as well as the Dolce Vita loafers were purchased at Nordstroms, my favorite place to buy shoes!  The boots below are the Steve Madden Tennassee Boot.  What I love about these shoes are they a like my other Steve Madden Troopa combat boot but they are slightly cropped.  Again, I'm a sucker for details so the gold hardware made these pretty hard to avoid.  I can't wait to wear these with a chunky sweater and some skinny jeans.
 These next shoes were a bit of a splurge.  These are the Sam Edelman Lucca boots.  I've worn these a few times and have received so many compliments on them.
 Accessories
 Now I'm sure I've mentioned previously that I am obsessed with owls.  While decorating my room I've struggled with the fact that not everything can be chevron or an owl (although truthfully that would make everything better!).  With Halloween right around the corner, I've found some great little accents for my room.  This adorable owl is on my nightstand and is currently resting on my next book (which is Love in the Time of Cholera).
 Another splurge item, the Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.C bag.  I was hesitant to purchase this bag at first but I've used this as an everyday bag when I was convinced that I could downsize from my normal suitcase of a purse and as a dressier night bag.  I love this bag and think this may be the first but not my last rebecca minkoff bag!

Clothes
I've bought a few pieces that I'm not sure if I'm keeping (which are the first two items here).  Just to clarify, I'm in the process of switching out my summer wardrobe with my fall/winter one, hence why the little bit you see of my closet looks like it exploded.  
 This first shirt was recently purchased at The Loft, and it's a burgundy blouse with little butterfly/birds. It photographed a little redder than it actually is.
 I've been obsessed with puffer vest for awhile but I've always been hesitant to purchase one for myself for awhile.  The reason for that is simple, I have a very large chest and I'm afraid a puffer vest will make my chest look bigger than it actually is.  I found this adorable wool puffer vest from Gap that is heather gray with little black polka dots all over.  I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to keep this vest because I really don't know if I can get past my hesitations about puffer vests.
 Moving on from one polka dot piece to another, I recently scored these adorable toothpick polka dot jeans from J.Crew.  I've been eyeing these pants for awhile but couldn't justify buying them at full price.  When I discovered that these were on clearance I happily picked these up and can't wait to wear them.
 I'm pretty certain in a previous post I wrote about my obsession with Gap's Broken-in khakis.  Well they recently launched the broken-in skinny mini which is a feminine version of the boyfriend chino.  These have a skinnier leg and look adorable with boots.  I've bought these in this adorable burgundy color and have them in a Forrest green that you can kinda see in the background of the picture.

Until the next shopping trip! I promise to keep you posted on what I've bought, because in some weird way this is kind of therapeutic for me because it shows me that sometimes my shopping is out of hand.

Until Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment