Follow me:

Instagram

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"A Book A Day, Keeps Reality Away!"

Hello Lovelies!

In all reality, I am not able to read a book a day, but I have read some pretty incredible books in my 6 month hiatus from blogging that I'd love to share with you. As a child, I hated to read, which I'd attribute to my difficulty in grasping how to read when I was a child.  I hated, hated, hated to read aloud in class because I had such a hard time.  However, it wasn't until middle school that I learned to love to read, when my 6th grade teacher encouraged us to take a few minutes out of everyday a read a book of our choice.  With that being said, as I grew up I discovered so much from reading books of all different genres.  Recently, some of my favorite books have been discovered on Amazons Top 100 Free books, which is an amazing place to read books that you wouldn't normally read.  Another reason why I've been reading so much lately is because me and my friends decided to form a book club.  The guidelines for the book club were pretty simple, each month one member of the club would select a book to read and once the book was complete we all would meet up and discuss the book.  Originally, we set out to not pick books that were in a series, were not sci-fi, shouldn't cost more than $10, and each member HAD to complete the book and not complain about reading it.  As the months have gone on some of the members have had a hard time agreeing to all these terms but we've managed to read some amazing books along the way.  What I've also loved about our book club rules was after each member picked their book the following book needed to be a classic or a NY Times Bestseller (this months is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez).

So without further ado, here are some of my favorite books that I've read recently:

Gabriel's Inferno/Gabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
What's interesting about this book is it mixes in parts of Dante's Inferno in with heated love story (similar to Fifty Shades of Grey).  If you've liked Christian Grey, you'll love Gabriel Emerson.

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
My friend picked this book but I was interested in reading it because I had seen a preview for the Starz show that stared Max Irons.  The book was great, the series follows 3 of Gregory's books so its interesting to see how they mashed up and made me want to read a few more books by her.  I will give you one warning: her books are not for the faint of heart because they are pretty long.

Hello King Edward

The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski
This book was a random purchase, but I loved every second of it.  This book follows two young strangers who become fast friends on a Greyhound bus.  This book shows that sometimes you are destined to meet certain people.  The sequel is coming out November 5, and I've been anxiously awaiting it to download on my kindle for months now.

Easy by Tammara Webber
If you loved Beautiful Disaster, you'll love this.  It's very similar but I'm biased and if you had to choose between the two I'd read Beautiful Disaster first!

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden/ The redemption of callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
Jessica Sorensen has quickly become one of my favorite authors.  I stumbled across one of her books that was free on Amazon and have read nearly everything she's written since that day.  Callie and Kayden grew up in the same town but were never friends, until Callie stepped in and saved Kayden's life.  After a few months a chance meeting has Kayden wanting to know more about the girl that saved his life.  This book is good and the sequel is even better.  Totally worth the read.


I hope some of you will check out these suggestions and I'd love to hear any suggestions some of you may have!

Until Next Time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment