Follow me:

Instagram

Thursday, October 24, 2013

"It's Just A Bad Day, Not A Bad Life"

From Pinterest
Hello Lovelies!!

So as you can see by the title of this post, I've had a bad day.  But if we're being 100% honest, I've had a series of bad days.  Truthfully this week has just not been one of my weeks.  As I write this I'm listening to All Time Low's song Weightless.  If you haven't heard the song or of All Time Low, I highly recommend them!! Weightless is pretty much my bad day anthem.  The song starts off a little off tempo then builds up to the chorus that becomes my bad day motto "maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year!" 

For me, positive thinking is not my strong point because I'm kind of a glass half empty kinda girl.  I'm not proud of that, and believe me I'm trying to re-evaluate my bad days and approach them differently.  Ever since I've been little I've stressed about the little things in life.  I was a perfectionist and hated anything that prevented me from accomplishing things exactly how I imagined.  As a mental reminder I've been wearing an Alex and Ani bracelet that says "It is what it is!" Those 5 words have honestly helped me realize that there are some things that I can't control and I can't make myself sick over worrying about every little detail.

With that being said I will outline how my bad week started:

On Sunday I was blamed for a mistake that wasn't actually my fault.  It all started when I made the mistake of assuming that my one boss had finished a task the day before and didn't double check that he did in fact do it. At the time, this little mistake didn't really bother me until I heard from another employee that my "boss" was talking poorly about me in front of other employees.  I've recently been promoted to a new position so I am still in the process of learning everything and unfortunately my one boss doesn't seem to understand that.  I had no problem with my boss pointing out that maybe I should of double checked that fact but I'm a firm believer that if you have a problem with something I've done, then you need to tell me, not talk about me behind my back.  I'm not in high school anymore and I can assure you it's been a LONG time since my boss has been in high school.  Let's be adults and actually talk through situations, not gossip about each other.  

Although Sunday wasn't a completely terrible day it didn't start my week on the good note I was expecting.  Monday was completely uneventful which was nice.  However, Tuesday was a complete NIGHTMARE.  I woke up and started my day like I normally do.  I was eating breakfast and checking my emails when I realized I had an email from my bank.  I randomly receive emails from my bank so I wasn't completely alarmed until I read the first sentence of the email.  I don't remember the exact wording but I believe the words went something like this "Dear Victoria, we've noticed some unusual activity on your credit card.  As a precaution, we've placed a hold on your account.  If you haven't made any purchases please contact us at xxx-xxx-xxxx right away!" I immediately panicked because I hadn't used the credit card recently so I had no idea what purchases they were talking about.  After calling the bank, I was told that someone had purchased $253 worth of products on Sears.com and had attempted to make a $650 purchase there when my account was flagged.  Now, not to be a brat but when she told me this I immediately told her I have never shopped at Sears, nor would I randomly buy nearly $1000 worth of stuff in one shopping trip.  At this point during the phone call I was shaking.  I had my credit card in my possession so I have no clue how someone had accessed my account information.  Luckily, because I had a Bank of America credit card I was protected from fraud and they quickly deleted my account information and will be reissuing my a new credit card.  (On a side note, I've been looking for something to curve my shopping addiction.  Although I would of liked something less severe, I think credit card fraud has scared me enough to stop shopping for awhile!).

I needed to calm down from this horrific event, so I began searching Pinterest for some quotes that will help me get through the bad day.  I found these three quotes that helped me realize that we all have bad days, but we can't let those bad days define us or destroy us.  I need to learn to let things go and not constantly stress over little things that I can't control.






 I hope everyone else is having a better week than I am.  I'm determined to have an absolutely amazing week next week and hopefully I can update you on the great things that happen to me then!

Until Next Time....

No comments:

Post a Comment