Follow me:

Instagram

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Owls, owls, owls

Hello Lovelies,

So anyone that knows me knows I am O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with owls.  I believe I have fallen in love with owls before they were super popular and I want to share the reason why I am in love with these little birds.  First, to be completely honest I hate birds, they freak me out but ever since a little Eastern Screech Owl, who I lovingly nicknamed Earle, landed in my neighbors tree I've fallen in love with owls.  Earle, has been living in a dead tree off and on for the last 3 years.  He randomly appears in the Fall and disappears right before the end of the spring.  Now, I'm not a professional photographer in the slightest but I absolutely love taking pictures of this little guy.  Here is a collection of the photos I've taken through the years of Earle!


Earle in his little tree branch



The funny thing about Earle is you never think his eyes are open.  I know he's always watching me because I can tell he subtly moves his head to follow me but his eyes always look closed.  


My favorite picture of Earle ever.  This was probably one of the first pictures I've ever taken of him.

So as you can see, Earle has inspired my obsession with owls and now I literally have owls on everything, which I love.  I even have a few owl shirts, which is slightly embarrassing to admit.


No comments:

Post a Comment