Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, November 26, 2012

Black Friday Outfits and Cyber Monday

Hello Lovelies,

Sorry for not updating more frequently but I've been busy working non-stop this weekend.  I usually love working in retail but every year around Black Friday I start to dread this job.   This year many stores opened at 8pm on Thanksgiving night.  I think that is absolutely ridiculous that crazy people can't wait a few more hours to get a few dollars off something.  I think what many people forget is the fact that those workers who are working at 8pm actually have to come in at 6pm on Thanksgiving to prepare for the madness that will ensue.  I personally refuse to work Thursday night into Friday because I don't think it's fair to ruin people's time with their families.  I honestly think those people who have to be there at 8pm should be ashamed of themselves because of their selfish ways they took valuable time away from the workers families.  I will state this now, I have never and will never shop on Black Friday. Honestly, I love to shop but no deal is worth spending all night with crazy people trampling you.  I hate crowds and waiting on lines so Black Friday shopping is not for me.

Anyway, I digress.  Now onto the outfits I wore to work this week.

Friday my dress code consisted of a chambray shirt.  I paired that shirt with a black cardigan and one of my new favorite jewelry pieces, a white and gold bubble necklace from J.Crew.  I thought my outfit was a little dark so I added some chestnut boots to break up the darkness.
 Now Saturday my dress code consisted of plaid.  I wanted to take a girly take on the typical "flannel" look.  This lovely shirt dress is from the Gap and I love it.  It's a gorgeous green, navy, and red plaid flannel dress.  I paired this shirt dress with my same chestnut boots and J.Crew necklace.  Being that it's cold here in NJ I did wear navy tights under this dress.  I think the next time I wear this I'm going to forgo the matching belt and pair it with a fun belt that I already own.
 Now for Sunday.  After having have to be told what I could wear, I was lacking some creative ideas when it came to clothes.  I decided to pair a Gap Boyfriend fit ruffled dress shirt with a classic crewneck navy sweater.  I liked the contrast of the navy with the red shirt.  For a girly feel I decided to wear the bubble necklace again.
Here's the ruffle shirt available now at Gap

 Now, onto a good deal I got yesterday morning.  It seems many retailers are expanding Cyber Monday to start on Sunday.  I got a email from Kate Spade stating that their sale was 75% off.  I quickly jumped on the website and found this gorgeous bag.  It's the cobble hill small Kori and I look forward to opening it up on Christmas morning.  Thanks Kate Spade for this great deal on this bag!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment