Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013

Hello Lovelies,

I hope everyone is having a great and safe new year.  I'm never one to make resolutions but I feel like now that I'm done with school I feel like I should start making some resolutions.  For me it is important to set realistic goals because I actually want to achieve what I'm setting out to accomplish. Ok, so I'm hoping 2013 is a year of discovery.  I want to discover who I really am! That may sound odd to you but I feel like I'm currently in a space of indecision.  I want to find a job that I'm passionate about and that supports me financially.  I also want to start making the beginning steps of venturing out on my own.

So what I hope to accomplish in 2013 is:

1. Find a full-time job. Whether this is in retail or in communications, I want to find a job that allows me the financial security I'm looking for.  I want benefits, vacation time and a lovely paycheck.  I know it's a tough market out there but there has to be a job for me somewhere.  My mission in 2013 is to find it!!!!!!!!!!
2. Start saving to purchase an apartment.  For me, it's important that I start establishing my independence and I honestly don't think I can fully do that until I move out.  I don't think 2013 will be the year I move out but it will be the year I start making financially sound decisions that will help support this goal.  As noted on this blog, I am a shopaholic.  I planning on only shopping for clothes 2-3 times a month.  I need to really analyze my purchases and not just buy because I feel like it's a good deal.  I have a million great deals in my closet that still have the tags on them, which makes them a bad deal because I haven't worn them.  Goal for 2012: Stop shopping and start saving!!!!!
3. TRY NEW FOODS. I make this a priority every year and every year I try a few new things a year. This year I re-introduced meat into my diet.  I've never been a huge fan of meats such as hamburgers, pork, steak, or ham but I've had 3 hamburgers this year and some turkey sausage that weren't terrible.  Honestly, I could live without meat but I realize if I'm in a pinch a hamburger won't kill me.  For 2013, I'm thinking of trying sushi (vegetable rolls, I don't do fish), and I want to introduce new proteins into my diet.
4. Improve/mend friendships and relationships.  I've realized over the years that sometimes I let the people I care most about slip away.  I want to make it a point to re-connect with lost friends and improve the friendships I have now! When I lost my grandma 2 years ago, I swore that I would tell the people that matter the most to me how much I really value them.  Although, I've done a decent job at that I want to keep doing that.


These are my new year resolutions that I hope to achieve in the coming year.  I also plan on working out more and eating healthy but I don't think those boring resolutions need there own bullet point. I'm also hoping to try new things in terms of my appearance.  I'm thinking of trying the 30 outfits challenge that Kendi Everyday did http://www.kendieveryday.com/p/30x30-remix.html). Click here to see the Pieces Kendi chose.  This is a way for me to stop shopping and to rediscover key pieces in my wardrobe.  It's also a way for me to update this blog more frequently!!!! Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment