Follow me:

Instagram

Monday, December 24, 2012

Birthday Wishes and Christmas Dreams...

Hello all,

Long time no blogging but lately I haven't been very creative with my outfits so I haven't been posting.  Also, I was going to post about the horrific school shooting in Newton but I couldn't gather all my thoughts into coherent sentences.

So, today is Christmas Eve, which means tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY!!! Yes, I know, you think having a christmas birthday sucks and I would have to agree with you.  However, in all honestly I have never experienced what having a birthday on another day feels like.  The one thing I hate about having a Christmas birthday is I always get asked "Do you get less presents because your birthday is on Christmas?" Without fail within a few minutes of people knowing when my birthday is this is the first question I get asked.  To which I respond, "If anything I get way more presents then I deserve!"

When I first started this blog I talked about how I needed a new perspective and needed to make a change in my life.  I left my retail job for another retail job in hopes that it would be better.  When I graduated college I had zero desire to ever want to work in retail again but that was until I found my current job.  I work with people who are nice and I actually enjoy being around.  Also, the management team understands that I am interested in learning new aspects of the job and are willing to train me.  Today, after they bought me a delicious cake for my birthday, they gifted me with a lovely surprise.  They offered me an opportunity to expand my responsibilities within the store.  They understand what I want and are willing to invest in my future.  Although it's only been a few months there I've enjoyed every moment I've spent there and am thankful for the opportunity.  My only regret is that I didn't leave my previous job and come to this one sooner.


I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate.  May Santa bring you everything you may want and need.

Image from: http://yummyplants.com/vegan-holidays/merry-christmas-welcome-santa-with-delicious-vegan-christmas-cookies/


 Clearly, I should look into becoming a mime.....

No comments:

Post a Comment